For official media inquiries, including to schedule an interview with a member of our leadership team or another LGFCU spokesperson, please contact Public Relations Manager Donna Gonyeau at 800.344.4846. For all other inquiries, please call 888.732.8562.
Meet the LGFCU Leadership Team
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
- Local Government Federal Credit Union (LGFCU) was founded in 1983.
- Our assets currently exceed $2 billion.
- More than 330,000 members are served by LGFCU, representing all of
North Carolina's 100 counties and 540 towns, cities and villages.
- LGFCU is the fourth largest credit union in North Carolina.
- The LGFCU mission is "To improve the lives of our members."
- LGFCU is dedicated to providing services exclusively to local government employees, elected/appointed officials, volunteers and their families.
- We partner with State Employees' Credit Union (SECU) to serve our members through its branch and ATM network.
More about LGFCU
Local Government Federal Credit Union (LGFCU) is a not-for-profit, full service financial cooperative dedicated to the "people helping people" philosophy adopted by credit unions worldwide.
We are member-owned and democratically controlled. This means each member has one vote in how LGFCU is run, regardless of his or her personal investment in the Credit Union. A volunteer board of directors sets general policies and rules of operation for LGFCU. The board is elected from the membership during the annual meeting held each spring.
To be eligible for membership, an individual must be associated with either a local government or a current member of LGFCU. Local governments include towns, cities, counties and affiliated departments such as Fire and EMS, Law Enforcement, Planning, Finance, Recreation & Parks, etc. This also includes government-owned hospitals, libraries and authorities such as housing, airport, water/sewer, and sanitary districts. Anyone who volunteers at any of these entities can also join LGFCU. Read more of our story to learn about our commitment to North Carolina communities and families.